Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Installing GNU Octave packages on Mac OSX

I had some issues installing packages for GNU Octave 3.8.0 on OS X Mavericks.  It seems a make file was not setup correctly in the octave folder.

pkg install <package_name> would fail

After searching around for a bit I came across the solution here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2014-02/msg00691.html

The solution is replicated below:


edit /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/bin/mkoctfile-3.8.0 with the following:

> diff mkoctfile-*
53c53,54
< DEFAULT_INCFLAGS="-I$OCTINCLUDEDIR/.. -I$OCTINCLUDEDIR"
---
> #DEFAULT_INCFLAGS="-I$OCTINCLUDEDIR/.. -I$OCTINCLUDEDIR"
> DEFAULT_INCFLAGS="-I$OCTINCLUDEDIR/.. -I$OCTINCLUDEDIR
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include"


No comments:

Post a Comment